Friday, October 20, 2006

WHOO HOO!!

That was some excitement last night. I admit that I didn't breathe much during the last inning, but wow! What a finish!

And "the catch?" Scott Rolen's 2-run homer that Endy Chavez hauled back in and then turned into an inning-ending-double-play? The baseball fan in me marvels at an amazing play. The Cardinals fan in my is REALLY tired of the replay! ;) Guess I'll have to suck it up and get over it, because it won't be going away any time soon.

Plus I loved the saftey-squeeze that scored our first run - classic baseball. As was the bottom of the ninth when Adam Wainwright managed to fill the bases before striking out BELTRAN on 3 straight. I can still hardly believe my eyes.

So, on to Detroit. Let's hope the Tigers under-estimate us as well....... ;)

Go Cards!





PS - Oh! For those of you who didn't tune in to hear about baseball, but are waiting with bated breath for the results of the poll.....I just want to say that generally everyone (except one) under-estimated just how much I hate living with a mob of huge spiders! And secondly, how much I missed my computer over the week it was gone! New knitting needles are wonderful, but it's not like they were gonna keep the spiders away. And I have other needles, so I was able to knit....

So first I set out the spider traps, then I unpacked my computer and caught up on a few things. Finally, I switched the scarf I'm knitting from the rose-wood circular I was using to one of the new ones. For more about how I like the new needles, come to Pickin' and Throwin!

No comments: